Thursday, August 14, 2008

Can't make a connection with NCFE?

The Wall Street Journal: What prompted this book?

T. Boone Pickens: I felt like a lot had happened to me. I left Mesa [Petroleum] in 1996 and the 12 years that followed were the most productive years of my life. Also, I came from a small town in eastern Oklahoma, and I think that I can still reach a young audience who want to know that average intelligence and a good work ethic is all you need.

WSJ: You were in effect fired as CEO of Mesa Petroleum by Richard Rainwater and his wife Darla Moore in 1996. In this book, you settle scores with them, adding the occasional shot to the ribs. What about forgetting and forgiving?

Mr. Pickens: If somebody I don't like gets in the crosshairs, I pull the trigger. But I don't hunt for them. The reason for paying them back is that they couldn't make a professional transition. You want your departure after 40 years to be pleasant, not unpleasant. They did things that were totally unnecessary, so that's why I said what I said.


I wonder what else T. Boone Pickens knows regarding these two and their Financial Investment Firms and our HEALTHCARE SYSTEM. Hmmm......

No comments: